Timbavati Safari Lodg Read more [...]
The six split-level Victoria Falls Safari Suites feature a spacious lounge which opens onto a patio overlooking a small waterhole that attracts bushbuck, warthog and a rich variety of birdlife, and are within walking distance from the restaurants, activities and facilities of Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.
Ideal for families, friends, buddymoons and small, close–knit groups who seek stylish comfort, privacy and space, the two and three-bedroom sunset-facing Safari Suites are set in a natural bush environment on the edge of Zambezi National Park and just 4 kilometres from Victoria Falls.
Each Safari Suite has a lounge with floor-to-ceiling sliding doors opening onto a patio furnished with a table, chairs and a garden umbrella. All bedrooms are en-suite and equipped with two three-quarter beds that can be converted to king size beds. A sofa bed in the TV lounge can accommodate an extra person (recommended for a child 12 years and under).
Each Safari Suite has:
• 46-inch LCD TV screen with satellite TV in the lounge
• Courtesy counter with minibar refrigerator, tea and coffee making facilities including a Nespresso machine
iPod docking station (NB: iPod not supplied)
• A separate adjoining TV lounge with 22-inch LCD monitor for connection to Xbox, Nintendo, Wii, PS3 and an iPod docking station (NB: Xbox, Nintendo, Wii, PS3 not supplied)
• Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
• Mosquito nets
• Telephones in the main lounge and in the Master Gallery Bedroom
• Digital safes
• A complimentary range of customised toiletries, including insect repellent and sunscreen lotion.
• Personalised check-in at your Safari Suite and concierge service is provided by the Safari Host or Hostess
• Breakfast is served in the MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant located at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, with the option of a continental basket delivered to your Safari Suite (by prior arrangement)
• 24-hour reception service (at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge)
• Complimentary hourly shuttle bus service to the town centre, craft markets and the Victoria Falls Rainforest
• Complimentary evening transfers to The Boma – Dinner & Drum Show
• Ample, secure and open parking space
• Credit cards accepted – Visa, American Express and MasterCard
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Babysitting service available (advance notice required)
Additional facilities available at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge resort for Safari Suites’ guests:
• Activities desk
• Souvenir shop
• Private shower facilities for guests arriving early and checking out late
• Swimming pool with sun deck and loungers
• Onsite activities such as nature trails, a bird hide, Vulture Culture Experience and guided Siduli Hide sits are also available to guests staying at the Safari Suites.
The activities below are among some of the most popular on offer in Victoria Falls, and may be booked through the Activities Desk:
Sunset Cruise. Sit back, relax and soak up the last rays of the African sun as you gently drift along the Zambezi River above the Falls with a gin and tonic in hand and enjoying delicious snacks. Look out for elephant, hippo, crocodile, magnificent birds and other wildlife.
Game Drives. There is no better way to explore the African bush than on a guided game drive in an open safari vehicle. Game drives are in the early morning and late afternoon. As well as numerous bird species, wildlife that may be seen on the game drive, taken through Zambezi National Park, includes elephant, buffalo, giraffe, zebra, waterbuck and other antelope.
Helicopter Safari. Sign up for a breath-taking bird’s-eye view of the majestic Victoria Falls and surrounding areas. There are three different types of flights that depart regularly throughout the day – a 15-minute flight takes you above the Victoria Falls, a 22-minute flight also takes you over Batoka Gorge and the Zambezi River, while a 25-minute flight includes game viewing opportunities over the Zambezi National Park.
Victoria Falls Rainforest Guided Tour. Victoria Falls is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is the largest curtain of falling water in the world. On this tour you will be accompanied through the Rainforest by a qualified guide who will give a brief history of the Falls, as well as detailing the flora, fauna and other points of interest. Stop at lookout points along the way to marvel at one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World.
White Water Rafting. Arguably the wildest white water in the world, rafting the mighty Zambezi River is the ultimate adrenaline rush. The Zambezi rapids are officially defined as Grade 5 (Grade 6 being commercially un-runnable).
Adrenaline Highwire. Be daring and test your limits with the high wire activities from the ‘Look-Out’, set on the spectacular cliffs of the Batoka Gorge, just 300m from the Victoria Falls. Experience a collection of mind-blowing extreme adrenaline activities – the gorge swing, zip line, flying fox, as well as a canopy tour, which is suitable for families and children from the age of six years.
For more information visit www.africaalbidatourism.com – See related listings at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, Victoria Falls Safari Club, Victoria Falls Safari Suites, Lokuthula Lodges, and Ngoma Safari Lodge.