Timbavati Safari Lodg Read more [...]
Meaning “place of peace”, the two and three-bedroom self-catering lodges at Lokuthula are nestled amidst beautiful gardens, frequented by warthogs, bushbuck and mongooses, and featuring a three-tiered swimming pool and playground. The lodges may also be booked on a bed and breakfast basis.
The lodges overlook indigenous bush, allowing guests to enjoy wildlife sightings and a rich variety of birds from their p, ivate terrace.
The lodges offer comfort, flexibility and privacy. They are split-level, fully equipped for self-catering and are serviced daily. Two and three bedroom options are available.
Each lodge has:
• A fully equipped kitchen
• A lounge, terrace and braai (barbeque) area
• Two sofa beds in the lounge, which may be used to accommodate two extra people
• Ceiling fans
• Digital safes
• A telephone
• Mosquito nets
In addition, Lokuthula Bed and Breakfast Lodges offer a range of customised toiletries, including insect repellent and sunscreen lotion/ Tea and coffee making facilities are also provided.
• Award-winning Boma – Dinner & Drum Show
• Poolside bar and restaurant serving light meals and snacks from 9.30am to 4.30pm
• Three-tier swimming pool with children’s paddling pool
• Children’s playground, trampoline and volleyball court
• Babysitting service available (advance notice required)
• Residents’ lounge above the Boma bar with satellite TV
• Same day laundry service, as well as the option of a token operated guest laundry on site
• Wi-Fi (vouchers may be purchased at Lokuthula Lodges reception or at The Boma bar)
• Free parking
• 24-hour reception (use Victoria Falls Safari Lodge reception after hours)
• 24-hour security
• Medical air rescue service facility
• Visa, American Express and MasterCard accepted
Additional facilities available at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge resort for Lokuthula Lodges guests:
• Souvenir shop
• Activities Desk
• Onsite activities e.g. nature trails, bird hide, Vulture Culture Experience and guided Siduli Hide sits
The activities below are among some of the most popular on offer in Victoria Falls, and may be booked through the Activities Desk:
Sunset Cruise. Sit back, relax and soak up the last rays of the African sun as you gently drift along the Zambezi River above the Falls with a gin and tonic in hand and enjoying delicious snacks. Look out for elephant, hippo, crocodile, magnificent birds and other wildlife.
Game Drives. There is no better way to explore the African bush than on a guided game drive in an open safari vehicle. Game drives are in the early morning and late afternoon. As well as numerous bird species, wildlife that may be seen on the game drive, taken through Zambezi National Park, includes elephant, buffalo, giraffe, zebra, waterbuck and other antelope.
Helicopter Safari. Sign up for a breath-taking bird’s-eye view of the majestic Victoria Falls and surrounding areas. There are three different types of flights that depart regularly throughout the day – a 15-minute flight takes you above the Victoria Falls, a 22-minute flight also takes you over Batoka Gorge and the Zambezi River, while a 25-minute flight includes game viewing opportunities over the Zambezi National Park.
Victoria Falls Rainforest Guided Tour. Victoria Falls is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is the largest curtain of falling water in the world. On this tour you will be accompanied through the Rainforest by a qualified guide who will give a brief history of the Falls, as well as detailing the flora, fauna and other points of interest. Stop at lookout points along the way to marvel at one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World.
White Water Rafting. Arguably the wildest white water in the world, rafting the mighty Zambezi River is the ultimate adrenaline rush. The Zambezi rapids are officially defined as Grade 5 (Grade 6 being commercially un-runnable).
Adrenaline Highwire. Be daring and test your limits with the high wire activities from the ‘Look-Out’, set on the spectacular cliffs of the Batoka Gorge, just 300m from the Victoria Falls. Experience a collection of mind-blowing extreme adrenaline activities – the gorge swing, zip line, flying fox, as well as a canopy tour, which is suitable for families and children from the age of six years.
For more information visit www.africaalbidatourism.com – See related listings at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, Victoria Falls Safari Club, Victoria Falls Safari Suites, Lokuthula Lodges, and Ngoma Safari Lodge.